If you are joining us for the 2016 Berklee City Music Summit at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center, here are some activities to add to your trip itinerary.
What to see?
- Visit the Newark Museum and wander through 75 years of African American Expressionism.
- Walk through one of Newark’s many parks like the Branch Brook Park, the nation’s first county park.
- Go to one of Newark Symphony Hall‘s events happening on the week of the Summit like We Worked in Bricks, The Soul Line Dance Party, and A Portrait of Ray.
- Take a literature, art, and music tour on the Newark Trolley in one of America’s oldest cities.
Where to dine?
- Make a reservation at the Fornos of Spain for some award winning Spanish cuisine.
- Dig in to a Paella Valenciana at the Spanish Tavern.
- If you like deli’s you should eat at Hobby’s Delicatessen & Restaurant, considered a New Jersey landmark.
Other NJPAC events?
- November 6: The Burbeck Songbook
- November 12: Michael Cavanaugh with the NJSO: Greatest hits of Elton John and More
- November 13: Cole Porter from A to Z: Celebrating 125 Years
For more events at the NJPAC, click here.